While packing you can come across items that can be a challenge. Pictures and Frames are large, breakable and odd sized items. Listed below are my best tips on how to move these items to prevent chipping corners or glass breaking.
- Box selection – You box should be slightly bigger than the item
- Secure one end – tape one end of the box really well with packing tape
- Bubble Wrap – Wrap the frame really well, as if it is a gift you will be opening.
- Box up – Slip item into box carefully and secure box with packing tape.
- Label – Write “Fragile” and the room this item will go in on the box in large lettering.
- Moving tip – Picture items should always be packed on its side. If you packed it flat it would take all the weight.
- Purchase Cardboard Corner’s for pictures.
- Use Wardrobe box to pack a few pictures together, be sure to use soft items around them.
- Have movers put pictures on their edges for the move.
Follow these steps and you will have nothing to worry about.
- Relocating Office Can Be Made Easier
- Tips for Moving in the Winter Time
- Shuttle Service - What/When to Expect!
- Finding a Reputable Moving Company
- Organization-Making your move easier!
- Pre-Moving Tips and Projects
- When you are moving there are certain items that you should always carry with you.
- A Great Day at Element Moving!
- Planning to move across state lines?
- Self Storage