We get it, moving can be expensive and it can be very difficult to figure out how you can shave a little cost off of your Long Distance Moves. Well fear not, I have some great tips that will help you save a few bucks on your next move.
- Always give yourself enough time on move date to account for unforeseen complications. It is never good to have a schedule so tight that even the slightest misstep will cause a disaster. Always try to sign leases and get keys the day before your move if possible, especially on a local move. If your movers need to wait on you to acquire your keys or sign paperwork, you will incur the cost for their time.
- Never try to use trash bags to pack items for any Long Distance Moves. Trash bags will tear in transit, so no mover will allow them on their trucks, if you use trash bags for Long Distance Moves, the mover will need to provide additional packing materials which will result in more costs for you.
- Help your movers help you faster. If you label your boxes and bins with the rooms that they need to be placed in, the movers will be able to work without asking questions, and thus saving you money on your next hourly based move.
- Always request an onsite estimate if you require packing service and have a large home. Phone quotes are great if you have a small home, but what about those with large manor style homes? It is impossible to be accurate with a simple phone quote which could result in unexpected costs on move date. If you allow an Element estimator to view your home because the move, we can minimize the chance of additional charges on move date and possible offer several freebies!
- Always book early! Any reputable mover will operate on a first come first serve basis and prices tend to increase as availability fills. If you secure your move a month early, you will undoubtable get a better price than if you wait until a few days before your move. Plus, you run the risk of not being able to find a mover for the date of your choosing. Proper planning is key to a stress-free move.
I hope these tips will save you money on your next moving services, feel free to send us some of your savings in the form of sweets for the office!
- Spring cleaning any time of year- moving is a good time to purge
- Moving with Pets
- Why The Cheapest Mover is not Always The Best
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Your Move
- Relocating Office Can Be Made Easier
- Tips for Moving in the Winter Time
- Shuttle Service - What/When to Expect!
- Finding a Reputable Moving Company
- Organization-Making your move easier!
- Pre-Moving Tips and Projects