In most cities, you can find a moving company on every block. The problem is, how can you know who to trust? Most people think that all companies are the same. They all are going to load and drive your belongings from Point A to Point B and offload them.
All movers wrap the furniture and do standard disassembly and reassembly – right?? WRONG.
This is where you need to know how to research. With just a little work on your part, you can easily narrow your choices and know who you can trust.
7 Ways to Find a Reputable Moving Company
1. Utilize the internet. Search moving companies in your area. Call your local BBB. (You don’t want to deal with a mover 4 states away. You want someone local.) Even personal recommendations are good.
2. Check their BBB status; check Angie’s List, and online reviews. Make sure they are a ProMover.
3. Go to the USDOT website; safersys.org and make sure they are licensed and insured. All companies are required to have their DOT #s and MC # listed on their websites.
4. Call no more than 3 companies and schedule a relocation consultant to come to your home and do an “in-home survey”. Most companies offer binding quotes or even Guaranteed Not to Exceed, on all interstate moves. Never do an over-the-phone inventory for pricing!
5. Make sure the consultant goes over all aspects of the move and explains any and all charges that may apply, such as shuttle service.
6. Your moving quote should be detailed and you should have a clear understanding of what services you are being provided.
7. Never take for granted that a verbal agreement with your carrier will be upheld. Get all special requests, pricing, and services in writing.
Book a Free Moving Estimate
Choosing a reputable moving company may take some time, but in the end, you will be glad you did. Moving is one of the most stressful times a person can have. Choosing the RIGHT company will alleviate most of that stress! Contact Element Moving today to schedule your free moving consultation.