So you got a new place! While going somewhere new can be exciting, packing and moving isn’t always so. We’ve compiled a short list of tips to help make your move smoother!
- Put all the items you will need FIRST in a clear bin. These would be box cutters, trash bags, select cookware/utensils, phone chargers, toilet paper, etc. The clear bin allows for distinct visibility among the legion of cardboard boxes.
- Pack plates vertically, like dish racks; they will be less likely to break.
- Buy a roll of stretch wrap for your belongings and work it like a giant press’n seal. It will protect large items (like furniture) from getting scratched, and small items (like jewelry) from getting mixed or tangled.
- For the ideal moving experience, hire professionals in your area. Movers like Element Moving makes sure your items, whether small or large, get to their destination in mint condition.
- Pack an “essentials” bag. This would consist of everything you’ll need for the first night at your new place, so you can rest easy and recharge!