Our moving clients care about the environment. Here are some eco-friendly tips to help reduce the environmental impact of your next move. We call it “Green Moving”.
- You can lower the cost of your move by clearing out the clutter of your stuff before you move it. Throw a yard sale, or plan ahead and upload big items on craigslist or ebay.
- You can work with Element Moving and plan a donation pick up of gently used items such as clothing, furniture and children’s items. All items will be donated to a number of non-profits throughout the DFW area.
- Consider using cardboard boxes that are made with recycled materials, then consider sharing your boxes with family, friends or neighbors that may be moving as well, this will allow boxes to be used more than once,
- Instead of using bubble wrap to protect your fragile items consider using old newspapers +/or old sheets/towels.
- One of the biggest things you can do to be environmentally friendly is to use green cleaning products, products made by Seventh Generation, Green Works or simple green to name a few, they cost a little more but will help you sleep at night knowing you are doing your part in helping the environment.